Monday, November 16, 2009

Outdoor Kiwi Classroom #2

This was another location for one of our class sessions (below is a shot from a distance with us on top of the rock next to the ocean). This session was on the GOODness of all God's creation (and what implications that has for how we understand evil). This has to be one of the best class settings I've ever experienced--I was a bit nervous about falling 50 feet if I got too excited about what I was saying and took a step backwards. But it was worth the risk.

One sometimes has the fear that meeting outside will be too 'DIS- TRACTING' but to be sure, some- times our insulated ideas and sterile classrooms can also distract us from the overwhelming goodness of God's creation. I also liked getting to continue discussing these ideas as we continued our walk along the peninsula.

No comments: