Monday, November 9, 2009

Arrived in NZ

The good news was that I got to the airport on time (thanks Tim).
The bad news was that the airline said I didn't have a ticket or a visa.
The good news was that they realized I didn't need a visa, and I indeed had a ticket.
The bad news was that the flight to LA was almost 2 hours late.
The good news is that after running and rushing through security, I made it onto the flight to the Air New Zealand 747.
The bad news is that the people with my luggage did NOT run (and so it didn't arrive for another two days).
The good news was that I didn't have to spend the night in LA (because I made my flight).
The bad news was that I was stuck in the middle seat in the middle row in the back of a section.
The good news is that I'm not claustraphobic.
The bad news is that after the person in front leaned back, and those on both sides fell asleep, I became claustraphobic.
The good news is that the flight was only 12 hours long.
The bad news was that the flight was 12 hours long.
The good news is that I made it there.
The bad news is that I was still two hours from where I was headed.
The good news is that I finally got there, and on my first full day got to climb up Mt. Fyffe (see picture--and thanks Curtis for hiking with me).
The bad news is we didn't leave in time to get up to the top and back
The good news was that hey, I'm in New Zealand near the top of a mountain looking at the sea.
Good to be here.
I'm pointing to where the site of the school is located--at the Old Convent. We then hiked down the mountain and biked back to where I'm pointing.

2 comments:

Jules said...

That's an amazing picture.

Have a great time!

CW Beals said...

Thanks. Indeed, it was good.