Saturday, September 25, 2010

From Dirt to Dirt



Zooey has been with us for 16 and 1/2 years. She has traveled with us to 8 different places we've
lived, including driving all the way to the East Coast and finally back. I think each place cost her one life, and her last one ended yesterday. She hadn't eaten in four or five days, and she picked out her final resting place--this corner in the sun where she has sat and slept a lot in the last week. It also happens to be just a few feet from where we buried her sister, Franny, five years ago. If God is going to bring about a new heaven and a new earth, I can hardly imagine that it won't include trees, grass, apples and animals--including cats. May she rest peacefully in her corner in the sun next to Franny.








1 comment:

Sarah Kelley said...

I know this was months ago, but I wanted to express my sympathy for the loss of your cat. I'm not a cat person myself, at least in the sense that I prefer a dog every time, but I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet, and I am with you in the belief that they will be in heaven. Someday you can introduce me to Franny and Zoey, and I'll introduce you to Tasha and Shiloh and Elphie (and all those still to come), and we'll have a grand old time.